Sunday, January 31, 2016

New Info!

Rooms are still Available!!     

Before I begin, I want to emphasize that this is not a scolding letter.  Consider it a letter of "what it's like to plan a family reunion" letter.  Many of you have never done this, but you probably will at some future date.  As Camille knows, it is not an easy task.  It's even kinda scary when you have put $$  on the line and hope that everyone will come AND have a good time.

I began to search for a reunion locale this past July 2015, as I had several requests for a firm date and place in order for everyone to make plans ahead of time so that you could prioritize the dates when other things came up.  I understand that we all have things come up.  But the purpose of giving everyone the dates that early was so that this reunion could be first priority.  Family first, right?  Well, I understand when that’s not possible.  I do….

But, let me explain my position:
I finally found a large enough facility for most of us with the option of nearby rooms if we filled up.  The snag was that there was a ZERO refund policy.  And so, before I booked it, I made double sure that these were the best dates for the majority of the family, and then I asked for commitments to the rooms.  When I had those assurances, I went ahead and paid the deposit which was over $800.  If I didn't move quickly on that, we would have lost the opportunity to stay here as it books up quickly.

Since then, I billed everyone for their room, asking for the $$ before November 30.  I have received a few of those room payments.  Some have not paid (yeah, I understand that it was Christmas) and now I have some cancellations, like flies falling off a dead horse.  Seriously, I understand when it’s absolutely not possible; we all have hard choices to make.  Right now, I cannot fill the lodge.  I still have a substantial amount to pay (just over $2000 if we go through with this).  And the room rates (plus tent rates) that everyone pays were to help make that payment, along with the auction at reunion.  (In fairness to the Graff's, they are not requesting a refund for the reservationt they made; I appreciate them taking that responsibility.  But if I can fill that room, I do want to reimburse them.)

After talking to Steve T., Joyce and Karen, we have decided to go ahead with the reunion.  Yes, we may come up short, but I am really hoping someone will want to fill some rooms still.  SO: Take a look below and let me know if:
*You'd like to come and want to reserve a room (see previous posts for pics and descriptions of room)
*You've already reserved a room but would like to move to a larger room
*You are camping but would like to move indoors to help us out. (It's pretty chilly at night up there.)
All these rates are for 3 nights total:
Room 1              Stone family               $175.00         
Room 2              Patty Stone                 $175.00       
Room 3              Steve Tyler                 $175.00         PAID
Room 4              Joyce McCown          $175.00          PAID
Room 5              Available                    $175.00
Room 6              Karen Sanders            $175.00         PAID
Room 7              Jim Sanders                $190.00         PAID
Room 8              Craig Tyler                 $190.00         PAID
Room 9              Kristina Pettyjohn      $210.00         PAID
Room 10            Julianne Sanders        $195.00                              
Camping -  Karen Young  - PAID

Also - if there are any crafty persons out there who'd like to volunteer to make stuff for / or help with the auction; please let me know!  I'd love some help.

Again, thanks to all of you!  

I love you - everyone - and hope that if you can't make it this year, we will still get to see you soon and reconnect!

No comments:

Post a Comment